The time of the “Data Scientist” has well and truly arrived. One of the most lucrative job titles of tech-world today, the Harvard Business Review rates the job of the “Data Scientist” as the sexiest job of the 21st Century. Data science is a difficult skill to master and has a huge demand, and this makes it difficult for companies to hire and retain data scientists. Companies want to leverage from big data but do not find the right people for job. And this is where this course comes into the picture.
The course, “Big Data Science”, has been designed by experts with industry experience and helps you gain the skill set required by companies with increasing demands of data scientists. This outcome driven course teaches students not only the basic data science techniques but also helps them understand the best practices in designing and implementing large scale data processing platform using Hadoop, R and RHadoop. Intensive hands-on with the objective of implementing machine learning algorithms on RHadoop makes this course an ideal for those who learn by practical experience.
|1||18th August'14||10:00 PM-11:30 PM||02:00 AM-03:30 AM||07:30 AM-09:00 AM||Weekdays|
Who is this course for?
The course is designed in such a manner that it helps students fresh out of college as well as working and experienced professionals wishing to take advantage of the latest market trends and demands. The course helps architects, software developers, analysts, data scientists or fresh graduates to understand how to apply data science to large datasets with Hadoop. However, an inclination towards Math and Statistics is needed.
Students must have basic computer skills, basic knowledge in statistics and a basic understanding of programming or scripting. Knowledge of Java will help but is not necessary.
This course helps you in:
- Students will learn to setup Hadoop, R and RHadoop in their computers
- Learn to implement machine learning algorithms in RHadoop
- Learn to build predictive models based on an example dataset.
- Highly relevant course content designed and delivered by an industry expert who has authored four US Patents related to big data and built some of the largest big data analytics platforms in the world.
- The course focuses more on the practical aspect and actual use cases than theories, and thus prepares you for real world problems.
- The total course duration is 64 hours, out of which 30 hours is live interactive sessions and 34 hours is practice through assignments and projects.
- Lifetime access to the course material
- Class recordings can be viewed by the student and can also be downloaded
- Online tests and assignments made available for evaluation
- Course accompanied with PowerPoint Presentations and Hand-outs for better understanding.
Following topics are covered in the course:
- Concept of Big Data
- Understanding Data Science and techniques of data analysis
- Learning Hadoop
- HDFS architecture and working principles
- MapReduce architecture and working principles
- Understanding Hadoopecosystem
- Machine Learning concepts and algorithms
- Basics of R Programming Language
- Basics of RHadoop
- Implementation of Machine Learning algorithms on RHadoop
- Text Mining and data preparation using Apache Pig
- Working with Hive
- Understanding architecture of some real-world big data analytics solutions
- Problem statement and solution strategy to implement big data analytics
Language of instruction: English